Employer already sent me a Rejection email, so why do they need to call to "follow up"?

I went to an assessment centre on Tuesday, and I knew it didnt go as well as It could of. So I didn't expect to hear anything.

today I received an email saying I was unsuccessful at half past 4.

At Half past 5 I recieved a call which I missed from said employer, she then sent me a voicemail requesting that I call her back to "follow up from assessment centre" but tbh I would really prefer not to hear what went wrong and I feel it may just be awkward. I think the rejection email was enough.

Why would she need to call me? should I just ignore it.

The Ditzy Dora who sent out the rejection, may have sent it to the wrong person. If you are still interested in the job, go to the follow up. I have received emails from a local college, naming jobs that I NEVER applied to in the rejection letters. People are stupid; you have to get used to it.

I have an odd feeling they might have had a different opportunity for you...which you now lost.

• Tavy

She might have changed her mind. Phone.

It may be to your betterment to find out exactly what went wrong, so you can improve.

its up to you. either ignore it or call and find out what she wanted. If it is to tell you what you did wrong, then tell her thank you and good bye