Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How do I leave a controlling girlfriend? ?

My girlfriend is disabled and I am her carer, to start off with things were OK but as time has gone on she has slowly tried to control more of what I can do. She controls me making me spend all my money on bills so I have no money of my own to visit family or have a hobby. She buys what she likes as she should but as she sleeps all day and is up all night I look after our 3 year old son all day every day since he was born. When I need clothes or trainers she plays down that I need them and I have had to ask my mother to buy me jeans and t shirts. By making me spend what little money i get on bills I can't visit my father and sisters and have not seen them in 2 years. So all I can do is care for our son and if I ask her to help she blows up and tells me I'm taking it out on her illness and using it against her. She is reckless with money and I have exhausted all my savings keeping us above water. I asked her if I could go fishing for a few hours and she threatened to get her dad to have a word with me. She paints out the picture to her family that I am abusive and childish. She only ok with me if I do what she says and do as I'm told. Any advise? 

• Vicki

I would just straight up leave. I would pack up clothes for you and your son, and I would find someone you can stay with. And get out without saying a word. She can't really stop you from doing what you need to do. And the fact that she's preventing you from seeing your family and spending all her money how she likes, well that's just not right. If she's not going to contribute go stark silent and leave. Sometimes it's the only way to go about it.

• Matthew4 weeks agoReport

I would not lie about this g ok worry about your own life. I'm looking for advise not judgement off people like you.

no idea mate!!!

I was in the same kind of situation once.. I left.. do the same my friend.

say you're gay

smash and leave

everyone has a side hoe

be direct but be tactful

Oh, my god. clusterfuck isn't a strong enough word for this situation

• Matthew4 weeks agoReport

Cutiepie it's harder than people think to get out isn't it?

Tell her its over and be honest with her

• Matthew4 weeks agoReport

It's unbelievable yih commented on nearly every comment you sadact

maybe you should get your own bank acct and move out

• Matthew1 month agoReport

I do have my own she asks me what I have in

Any "advice", you mean? Yes; leave. Before you leave, contact a family attorney about getting legal custody of your child.

• Matthew1 month agoReport

My bad on the spelling. Chronic stress has pickled my brain a little.

You have a 3 year old son together. You do not get to leave.

• Zed

It is not healthy for the child to be caught in the middle of two adults that do not like each other. he should leave and arrange to see his kid in the week or weekends. A small child belongs with its capable mother.