Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Should childcare be free for single moms?

I know a 19 year old teen mom who can’t work because she can’t get childcare. Instead, she has to stay home all the time caring for her son. It’s an oxymoron. You need a job to make money, but you can’t get a job without childcare.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Of course not! If you didn't want a child and/or couldn't afford to care for that child, you should've kept your clothes on.

• 2 months ago

no. stop complaining. You should have gotten a job instead of sleeping around

• P.L.
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Do people regularly get fired for NO reason? Some people who have been made to take a job (by the government) will not help themselves in the work place and will be seeking ways to 'get fired' and get back on the dole.

• 2 months ago

Yeah, but there needs to be a limit on it. Like you can't be coming in with your 8 feral kids and expect people to take care of them for free

Oh and no kids older than 7.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If she could not afford childcare, she should not have had a child. I was smart enough to be established in my career and be married before having kids.

Perhaps her parents can stop their lives and watch the kid while she works in the evenings?

That being said, you ask if childcare should be free in this case. There is no such thing. Someone would have to pay the childcare provider. What you are really asking is if the taxpayers should pay for this woman's poor choices in life. The answer is no.

• Chris2 months agoReport

And if you loss all of that then what would be the difference!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A 19 year old single mom has made a series of very stupid choices. Why should the rest of us who made better choices have to pay taxes to bail her out? By "right choices", I mean get your career going, meet a good guy, marry him and THEN have kids if you want. Motherhood is a completely different experience when there's a responsible father and husband on board.

• 2 months ago

She choose to have a kid she couldn't really adequately care for

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Child care is already free when the parents who chose to create these kids care for them themselves.

It's not my responsibility to pay for her child's child care.

There are many reasons single teenagers shouldn't be having children. Not being able to provide for their own and their child's most basic needs is the obvious one.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why just for one population? Shouldn't it be the same rules for all? Her choice to have sex, her choice to have the baby, her choice to keep the baby. Why should she be given special treatment for her choices?

In Ma, in the 90's, may or may not have changed. Single mom in that situation would be given the choice to go to school on the state as well as free child care while she did. Ma was not alone in these types of programs. It already may be an option for her that she turned down. Is she receiving any government benifits?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

we live in a capitalist society

• CAB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perhaps stable families mattered after all.......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.