I took the day off from work today and I feel guilty?

I haven’t taken a day off since July, but I’m feeling really burnt out and I needed the day off, but I also feel guilty. 

• 1 week ago

Do not feel guilty because if it meant the difference between having a nervous breakdown and not functioning at all then do not stress unless you lied to get the day off and some jobs require excuses from doctors and the rules are different in each company.

When you say you haven’t taken a day off since July, are you saying that. You work everyday of the week, 7 days; Sunday to Saturday? or you haven’t took time off from a normal five day work week besides your two days a work week?

Also what kind of job? Because that matters.

I personally haven’t taken a vacation in four years and have to deal with really annoying people who are stupid or drunk.

What is your question?  You poor poor baby that you can not work for a 3 month period.

Americans pride themselves on working to death. They have no other purpose. People actually brag about how often they work, which benefits the bankers. It also shows how little you care about your kids. On your deathbed will you say "Wish I didn't take that day off"?

The bankers own you. They have been meticulous by instilling "values" of hard work, which only benefits them. Now get back paying your taxes, slave.

Perhaps, but not necessarily. Maybe you need a different job. Maybe one in a different field. When you do take a day off, make it a good one with plenty of fun activities. Don't just mope around on forums like this one.

• audrey

You can't work three months without a day off? Wow. You need a new work ethic.

The only crime is this is that you are spending it shitposting on YA!. Go do something relaxing.

• Vicki

You shouldn't feel guilty. Putting yourself and your mental health first is super important.

just ask your boss

• CAB

For shame......SHAME!!!!!