I took the day off from work today and I feel guilty?

I haven’t taken a day off since July, but I’m feeling really burnt out and I needed the day off, but I also feel guilty. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Do not feel guilty because if it meant the difference between having a nervous breakdown and not functioning at all then do not stress unless you lied to get the day off and some jobs require excuses from doctors and the rules are different in each company.

• 3 weeks ago

When you say you haven’t taken a day off since July, are you saying that. You work everyday of the week, 7 days; Sunday to Saturday? or you haven’t took time off from a normal five day work week besides your two days a work week?

Also what kind of job? Because that matters.

I personally haven’t taken a vacation in four years and have to deal with really annoying people who are stupid or drunk.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What is your question?  You poor poor baby that you can not work for a 3 month period.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Americans pride themselves on working to death. They have no other purpose. People actually brag about how often they work, which benefits the bankers. It also shows how little you care about your kids. On your deathbed will you say "Wish I didn't take that day off"?

The bankers own you. They have been meticulous by instilling "values" of hard work, which only benefits them. Now get back paying your taxes, slave.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Perhaps, but not necessarily. Maybe you need a different job. Maybe one in a different field. When you do take a day off, make it a good one with plenty of fun activities. Don't just mope around on forums like this one.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can't work three months without a day off? Wow. You need a new work ethic.

• 4 weeks ago

The only crime is this is that you are spending it shitposting on YA!. Go do something relaxing.

• Vicki
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You shouldn't feel guilty. Putting yourself and your mental health first is super important.

• 4 weeks ago

just ask your boss

• CAB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For shame......SHAME!!!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.