Katie asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Looking to try out new hair care products but scared?

I've been looking to take better care of my hair recently because I've embraced it's curly nature. I always hated my hair because it was never naturally straight. So I've always used sort of cheap shampoo/conditioner routine and never really cared. However, I have sensitive skin and had a bad experience with Pantene conditioner that led me to have an all over allergy-caused hives type rash for FOUR WEEKS. It was misery and I never want to go through that again...

More information on my hair. I have very thin hair that's kind of frail naturally that holds shape VERY well without heat styling. I can wake up with rapunzel looking curls that will last me the whole day if I don't mess with them, without doing anything to my hair beforehand. I haven't really heat styled or colored my hair in the past very much. If possible I'm looking to avoid heat styling as my hair seems to hold shape just fine without it. What are some products I could start with? I would like to keep things simple if possible since i'm just used to that, and i'm not the kind of person that wants to spend forever doing their hair. Photo is linked below, no styling. 

• Laura

Invest in a good quality shampoo and conditioner that won't cause you to have a horrible allergic reaction. I like shea moisture, they have lots of products for curly hair.

Invest in a good deep conditioner and use it once a week.

Use a light gel after you get out of the shower on damp hair to help your curl form and stay all day.

• drip

I only buy shampoo that is sulfate free. I don’t use conditioner that rinses out. I find it too heavy for my hair. I have straight fine hair. That tends to be oily

I like OGX shampoo, which you can find in most department stores- target. OGX has a coconut curl shampoo.

I use Loma shampoos and conditioner from my salon. they have a great soothing leave on conditioner that does not weight down my hair. Makes it very shiny. They had small trail samples to buy.

Look for products for curly hair,

Ulta would have better shampoo or your salon. Ask Ulta if you can return if it doesn’t work.

LUSH has some good shampoo. It is in a bar form. I have tried it, and I like it. If you have a store by you go in. You should be able to return if it doesn’t work. They are usually good with helping you find the right.

product.

https://www.lushusa.com/hair/shampoo/

• drip

Didn’t think bath and body works had shampoos.
      OGX is a good price