Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf Β· 4 weeks ago

Are golf shoes necessary when playing golf or can you use regular shoes?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

most courses won't allow sneakers, especially wearing jeans and a t-shirt.Β  Look up "proper golf attire"

• 2 weeks ago

golf shoes are not required when playing however I highly recommend them for better traction when you are swinging and an overall better foundation for not sliding during a violent swing most guys produce

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

πŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œ

• 3 weeks ago

As a whole, not really, but it is recommended as it does help with a few things like traction, stability, comfort, and weather protection. Some golf courses also have strict dress codes that you would need to follow in order to be allowed to play.

You can find a list of golf shoes along with their best features and how each one can help you on the sources provided below.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Not necessary but they help quite a bit. I'd never play without them.

• 4 weeks ago

Regular shoes are not allowed on the putting greens.

Peace.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You have to abide by the golf club rules, so ask them.

• VAA
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Golf shoes serve two purposes, first, they keep the golfer in place during his or her's swing, preventing them from slipping while playing. They also help the golfer navigate the terrain of the course, keep them grounded going up and down the slopes of the course. Golf courses are strict about what shoes are used on their courses, just any shoe can cause damage and that could mean being banned from playing there. I don't know if metal spikes are permitted anymore, I believe there is another more modern style of golf shoe that is used today.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I believe it is a requirement in all golf courses.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.