How is AT&T internet service set up?

Right now I have charter. It was installed years ago and I remember they had to like wire cables to the house and through the floor and everything.

I'm looking to switch to AT&T and on their site it says they can send you a kit and you set it up yourself. But how do I get the service? Do I plug it in to the same wall jack that Charter is plugged into?

• P

At&t's modem hooks into your old copper phone line\jacks, not what Charter uses.  How successful you will be hooking it up yourself depends on the condition of your phone jacks in the house and if they still are hooked into the at&t box on the outside of your home.

• Ron75

It should use the same telephone jack as your ground line phone uses if you have one. Otherwise they will walk you through the installation and if you have to have something changed they should send a repairman out.

Ron