Is the weight problem in Australia getting out of control?

I was in Marks & Spencers at the Villaggio Mall yesterday and two young women caught my eye because they were wearing short shorts which is a no-no in Qatar due to cultural sensitivities. I then heard their loud Australian accents and realised they were wearing Australian sports kits.

I asked them which team they were a part of and it turns out they had been playing in the World Beach Games for the Australian soccer team. They apparently did terribly and I didn't say it but I wasn't surprised. You should have seen the size of them. I'm certainly not fat shaming but they are supposed to be professional athletes and the creme de la creme of Australia.

I was going to say, "Katie will be so stoked if I get a picture of you." Then take a pic and post it on here for you to see but I thought that would be a bit cruel to mislead them. Why are Australians getting so fat?

Great Britain won silver, just in case you are interested.

Yes  and its  thanks to  fast  food  and other rubbish  put into  our food these days never mind  laziness  thanks to not having to do  anything  manually  anymore  just about

Are you keeping up? Don't you know Trump is to blame for obesity, especially among black women?

World beach games?? never heard of it, I can't imagine it being too beachy if England won silver and Australia did terribly. .

I hope it makes you feel better condemning two girls for their weight.

We have a lot of second generation islanders in Australia, most of them are big girls and that's how they like it.

Australia is no different to any other western country, people these days have a different life style and weight problems are a worry.

One of my daughter did her 6th marathon in Melbourne last week and she is 45, she also did the New York marathon and that's by invitation., all of my children and grandchildren are into sports and are all healthy, so it's not all Australians that have a weight problem

• Aussie Battler

Listen to Grubbie , the family man. Only lives on his own , has burned two families and refuses to look after his own mother. Destined to die a sad lonely death. Explains why he seeks the affirmation of complete strangers here. Pathetic.

So, did you pull?

Most newly settled countries are fat. Did you ever notice that? The Americas are fat too.

Yes white women are fat.

Obesity is a major issue in the UK.