Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 4 weeks ago

How much would you sell/buy handmade simple stitch crochet blankets for?

I like making the simple stitch blankets and want to sell them.I do some designs in the colors sometimes, but the stitch is always the same.

I'd like to sell them, but I have no idea what an honest asking price is.

It's hard to judge, because most sellers sell fancy stitches for a lot of money, so looking at their work/price isn't exactly helpful.

• drip

How much do you want to make per hour. How many hours does it take to complete. What is the cost of material.

That is what your charge,

Keystone for jewelry making is a process to estimate ho much to sell your product for: Guess at your skill level, what would be your hourly wage be if you were working for an employer? Set a realistic hourly wage, add up your time you spent making it, add in the cost of the materials. That's your raw operating costs. (and it might be what you'd make if you were supplying a wholesaler) Val (our professor) said to double it once to sell it to a retailer, and double TWICE if you are your own salesperson. You might look up "Keystone" as it relates to sales. Example: nine hours at thirteen dollars an hour, using seven dollars worth of stuff: wholesale, (9*13)+7=124USD to a retailer((9*13)+7)*2=248USD and at a craft fair, maybe round it down a little to avoid stickershock because it would approach 500USD by that method... yeesh adds up quick doesn't it?

• DIEGO.

this is a good question!