Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Can I get an International Drivers License online?

I live in the US and want to get an IDL but i don't know if i can get it online without going to their office. Google doesn't give me a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

No you can't. Google gave me and everyone else a straight answer on that in about five seconds. I'm guessing when you said "no definitive answer", you meant they wouldn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

• May

You cannot get one online.

It is not a "LICENSE". It is a permit and all it is is a translation of your drivers license into about 10 different languages. IDP's are usually a waste of money and seldom required to drive. Look up the countries that you want to drive in to see if a IDP is required before you waste your money buying one.

• JetDoc

An "International Drivers License" IS NOT a LEGAL license to drive! It is simply a copy of the information that's on your regular driver's license translated into several different languages. If you don't have a legal drivers license issued by the State where you live in the USA, you can't get an "international drivers license".

Funny, as it took me ten seconds to find the answers online.

AAA is one of only two private entities in the U.S. authorized by the U.S. Department of State to issue an IDP.*

You will need to provide:

Download and fill out an application, and bring it to your nearest AAA branch office**.

Two original passport pictures (also available at AAA branch offices**).

A valid U.S. driver's license.

Pay $20 USD permit fee and you're ready to go!

If you are not able to visit your nearest AAA branch office, your IDP can be obtained through the mail. Simply enclose the following and mail them to the AAA office nearest you (check locally for payment options):

Your completed IDP application form

Two original passport pictures each signed on the back

$20 USD permit fee

A photocopy of both sides of your driver's license

If desired, include additional U.S. funds for expedited return mail service. See USPS.com, Fedex.com or UPS.com for rates.

• Ron

I'll post it again so you can thing about your question

"get it online without going to their office'