Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Alternatives to Death?

I'm a 16 year old girl. I know what you're thinking, that I should just wait this out and it'll get better or that I'm just overreacting. I probably am. I would rather spare the life story of why I feel this way and instead just say this--I've been depressed for over half my little life. I can't end it though because I don't want to leave my family or people that do care about me with any hurt. I force myself to stay alive so that others don't have to feel that pain, but I kinda wanna be happy at some point. So I'm asking this, is there any alternative to death? Not to get all weird but you ever think there's just...like another version out there of you that would take your place? You wouldn't have to be so brutal and kill yourself. You wouldn't die, you'd replace yourself in a way, maybe. I don't know, it's a lot to get into, and I don't want to ramble on so I condensed this, I hope this isn't too confusing. 

I probably seem naïve. I've only said that I'm a teenager with depression and ready to escape, but not ready to die. That's all. But I hope someone out there will be able to answer this. I know there's gotta be another way to escape, but not to die. 

Thank you for your support guys :) for the people that aren't trolling lol, thank you and I will try some things suggested <3

Become a nun. That’s kind of like the living dead.

I always said to my self that if ever thought about ending my life at some point for any reason....then I would change all my life all my friends, job ,country ,away even from family for quite some time until I fellt happy etc..... , I would live as I would like with no rules....because I prefer to leave with no rules rather than be dead.....live your life to the fullest!! Enjoy ,Good luck!

a rly deep coma. its like death, but you wake up after a few months.

Totems of Undying. I tell you man, those are usefull

Source(s): minecraft

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, Mandela spent around 30 years in prison, he stayed strong and he was finally released and managed to become president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he decided to stay alive.I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years but was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time, I felt hopeless and miserable, now I am very happy I decided to stay alive.

Just now, I answered a question similar to yours -

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• justin

send me a mesage my insta is camaro codybattery my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. I am not a poster so don't worry if i have nothing up. it is too complicated for me. I am here to be supportive and if ur struggling with faith I have a strong connectionto god and ask him my questions personally and the answers i recieve are usually more comforting than the copy pasted ones i hear at church. I can help u understand if u need it. my method of support involves hugs and adorableness sometimes so if ur not cool with that tell me and il try to adjust to ur needs.

• Jeff

Go to teh Dr and tell them you want a mild anti-depressant. They work wonders. After a few months go back and re-evaluate, as some people are better suited to a specific anti-depressant. Once you and yoru dr find one that works well for you, never stop taking it, just go out and kick *** and take names at life.

Of course there's an alternative to death, grow the fu ck up, get a job and move out of home. Start living your own life. Look, in a couple of years you can become a prostitute, make a shitload of money and never see mommy and daddy again. Good luck.

• The compliment of death is life.

Go study philosophy and read a bunch of philosophical quotes