Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

Meat eaters, are you going to heed the advice of Nathaniel Jordan, who speaks about the dangers of meat? Or are you too racist and greedy?

"Greetings! My name is Nathaniel Jordan.

I am a:

Keynote Health & Wellness Speaker

Nationally Certified Health Coach with the American Council on Exercise

Nutrition Fitness Specialist with the American Council on Exercise

Certified Master Trainer with the National Federation of Professional Trainers

Strength Coach

A graduate of Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Nutrition Education Institute

A veteran of The United States Marine Corps (2004-2008)

A veteran of The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department (2008-2015)

I started this health journey in October of 2011, after reaching a body-weight of 260 pounds and 30 percent body-fat. Utilizing the traditional diet of moderation and portion control combined with vigorous exercise, I lost 75 pounds by April of 2012. I continued losing weight until reaching 168 lbs, with 4 percent body-fat as of November of 2012 and reversed my high blood pressure during this time.

Eventually, low-carb portion control dieting became too difficult to maintain, and I slowly regained weight, reaching 195 pounds in May of 2013. It was at this time, I read “Eat to Live” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, and the information in his book changed my life forever. For the first time, I learned the connection between what we EAT and disease. In addition to his work, I also studied and learned from NUMEROUS other nutritional healers such as Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Milton Mills, Dr. Kim Williams, and John Robbins."

https://theministerofwellness.com/about/

Meat eaters are not going to heed the advice of Nathaniel Jordan. Me included but please do tell me about my white privilege.

• WOOWHO

MEAT EATER .. are you going to HEED the "ADVICE" of ..... or are you too RACIST and GREEDY ..

WOW NOT taking another person advice labels a person RACIST and GREEDY

that sound similar to the RELIGION & Spirituality .section

... a Person not ACCEPTING certain peoples CLAIMS of

supernatural propositions .

. labels that person as BAD EVIL an ABOMINATION

( abomination a thing that causes disgust or hatred )

there are some really Messed up people in the world

blah blah blah blah

"Meat eaters, are you going to heed the advice of Nathaniel Jordan, who speaks about the dangers of meat? Or are you too racist and greedy?"

I am NOT going to heed the advice of someone that uses cherry picked data points from studies, which are are biased towards those doing the "study" wants in the way of an outcome. The fact is nutritional studies, has had, and continues the trend of ignoring critical science requirements. That failure to meet the critical scientific research standards, places a vast majority of the studies done in question, and as a result the findings from those studies has to be called into question. Anyone who uses sufficient enough of a level of critical thinking and critical analysis, will start to see the discrepancies in those studies. While there's evidence for SOME of the claims, the evidence is also weakly founded, due to the bias and intent of them to make their points. In fact I recently read an article, which was by a vegetarian, who also believes the same thing regarding studies, as well as the lack of actually meeting the standards of critical scientific research.

As far as "Dr." Micheal Greger is concerned, along with the others in the vegan and vegetarian camp, and all to many in the omnivorous camp goes, they all quickly lose their credibility with me, due to their use of studies which are biased at the onset. I don't care what type of a degree or number of degrees a person has either. Nor will I listen to someone, let alone take their "advice," as to how I should or what I should eat. Especially from someone who has absolutely no knowledge of me, or any of whatever medical issues I may have.

As a fact more people than to many vegetarians and vegans end up even with a very considerable amount of knowledge, has suffered failure to thrive, on some type of a vegetarian based diet. There are a great many former vegetarians and vegans, who would have preferred to stay as such, but has had to either return meat and animal products to their diet, or in other cases add them, where they'd been from birth a vegetarian or followed the vegan lifestyle.

Although meat is a part of my diet, it also does NOT make me a racist. You are making a claim of facts not only just about myself, but others as well, on which you have zero evidence, let alone no such premise to work with. Making such baseless claims of fact, as being the fact, only serves to show one's ignorance and therein folly.

What in the world does eating meat have to do with racism? And why are you falsely accusing people of being greedy, just because they eat meat? You've got to be a troll. Someone who is not a troll would not post this garbage.

Eating meat is not dangerous. The only time that eating any kind of food is dangerous is if the food is one or more of the following:

Raw/not cooked properly, because of bacteria

Contaminated with bacteria, such as E Coli or Salmonella (this can even happen to vegetables)

Food is left out at room temperature too long, and spoiled as a result

The only other thing I know of that is dangerous when eating certain foods, is when you have health problems. If you have Type 2 Diabetes, you cannot have a lot of sugar and carbs. If you have chronic kidney disease, you could not go vegan, because fruits and vegetables are high in potassium. You cannot have a lot of salt or phosphates. But you need to eat meat for good dialysis (I used to be on dialysis for kidney failure)

Source(s): If you are trying to play the race card, in order to manipulate people into going vegan, it's probably not going to work. If someone knows the true definition of racism, not the liberal redefinition, they're not going to fall for it. And falsely accusing people of being greedy just because they disagree with you, or just because they eat meat, is plain wrong.
  • Daisy

No, I am not going to heed his advice. I'll continue to eat a balanced diet: some meat, some veggies, limit refined grains and sugar. It has worked for our species for generations.

Wow you must be a pretty trashy individual to assume that someone is racist for not heeding this guy's advice just because he is black. I think you are the actual racist here. 

A “meat eater” is a carnivorous animal that would simply die if it stopped eating meat: meat is ALL it eats. I think you mean, “ordinary people”?

There's nothing in the text you've quoted that mentions meat. Personally I'd be a little wary of taking advice from someone who seems to have discovered the link between what we eat and disease only recently. The rest of us have known that since we were kids!

If I was given health advice from a health professional who was familiar with me medically then I'd listen. If the medical profession came to a consensus that meat was bad for the health (they way they did about nicotine and alcohol) then I'd listen.

Someone just selling something or repeating rubbish they've got from the internet? No thanks.

Added, a couple of points - I can't see how eating a normal omnivorous diet is “racist”. Since YOU are the one who decided to draw attention to a person's race (what has that got to do with “Food and Drink”?), then I think, like someone else, that it's YOU who are the racist.

Regarding another answer you have, no, things like this do NOT make people “hate vegans” or anyone else. All it does is irritate ordinary people including ordinary vegans.

u sound like an idiot......congrats! oh and how is a meat eater racist? please stfu.....thanks

• Dimo

Calling people "meat eater" is an insult to us omnivores.

Nathaniel, according to what you posted, is an ex-Jarhead (4 years), ex-Cop (7 years). and not makes money talking and publishing crap to idiots that insult people too intelligent to go vegan/vegetarian.

Which is why you are an anonymous troll.