Shouldn't completely clear clean water all taste the same?

I've noticed a taste difference in tap water, comparing city water and mountain tap water. If it tastes different then one is not perfect. ( I know, dumb question).

10 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

There can be a wide range of minerals in clear clean water that will affect the taste.

• 1 month ago

No way. Water can vary in taste hugely depending on what minerals are in it. For example, earlier this year I moved from Yorkshire (near Scarborough) to St Ives in Cambridgeshire. The water tastes very different.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope

Difference in the taste is due to different asmounts if trace minerals

Water from a spring in limestone deposits will taste different then the waterf from a spring deep in volcanic rock even though both ard crystal clear asnd pure

• 1 month ago

The only 100% clean water you can buy is distilled. The container may affect the taste, though. Don't buy the Wal-Mart brand; we got a couple gallons that tasted like (I kid you not) motor oil.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. If you read the label on a bottle of purified water (that in processing contains nothing buy dihydrogen monoxide) you will note that "minerals are added to enhance taste". The salts also control growth of organisms.

You probably wouldn't like pure water.

• 1 month ago

Water from different regions has different minerals and each water treatment plant adds different things to clean the water.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Totally clear clean water is distilled water -- 100% water. Is really yucky. Flat. Dead.

You can buy distilled water at nearly any good supermarket. Try some.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Distilled water is great for coffee

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. There are different percentages of mineral content and chemicals in different sources of perfectly clean and safe water.

• 1 month ago

No there are still microbes and undetected chemicals

• 1 month ago

Depends if the water is purified

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.