Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

how do you talk with someone you dont like?

like if someone tried to blackmail you or someone who tries to pick a fight?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I actually wouldn't talk to that person...at all.

• 3 weeks ago

Try to avoid too much conversation with people like this. You can engage in the usual small talk, then politely and smoothly find a reason to walk away.

• 4 weeks ago

Nobody can blackmail you if you didn't do whatever they're threatening to expose. If you DID do it, you'd better think about confessing to whoever it concerns, as otherwise you could be under threat of blackmail all your life.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Politely find that you are needed somewhere else.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Personally I avoid such people. But if I had to speak to them, I would be very guarded trying to be a step ahead of them in their efforts to harm me or try to bait me. For example I wouldn't share anything personal about myself that could be possibly used against me. I would agree with everything they say (even if I didn't). You can't fight with someone who agrees with you.

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That is more than somebody "you don't like", that is a person who seems to want to harm you in some way. Best to ignore them altogether, unless they seem to be on the point of physical harm.

• 4 weeks ago

If you need to talk with this person, keep any interaction surface and specific.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i wouldnt bother talking to them

• 4 weeks ago

With your fists

• susan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I would not even say hello to a person who had ever tried to blackmail me. I would only say hello to someone who had tried to pick a fight with me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.