Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Is it possible for me to write a programme to alter my bank account balance?

To increase it illegally?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The easy way is to over value assets. Then borrow money against your new wealth & skip the Country for 90 days. That is about how long it takes the bank to put a hold on your passport. Next be sure & have enough cash on hand you never need return.

• 1 month ago

yes that is possible. That is done often

Source(s): Donald Trump and Elijah Cummings
  • 1 month ago

Your account information is stored in a relational database. In order to increment the value of what is in your account, you would need to decrement the value of some other account. In other words there would need to be a debit to create a credit. There is no 'programme' that will do that for you, it is all about access. Banks do not even allow their own software engineers to tamper with that data, there is no way that someone from outside the system could do it.

Let's suppose for a moment that you were to find a way to hack in; you would quickly be caught. When the debit was discovered and the money found to have been moved to your account, who do you think would be first in line for arrest?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you have the skills, sure. Most bank robberies are now conducted digitally.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You mean commit fraud and theft?

• 1 month ago

If you're skilled enough, then sure.

• 1 month ago

Yes,

and the person who can do this and can pull this off will most likely already have tens of millions of dollars in offshore accounts.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
    • 1 month agoReport

And if the person is already rich, why would they be interested in this sort of thing!

• 1 month ago

I'd laugh if the banks security was that bad. 

• 1 month ago

not legally no, that would be considered bank fraud

• 1 month ago

That's inflation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.