Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

What is Frankenstein's monster's name?

The monster isn't Frankenstein, the doctor is. This is something many people get wrong. I also know that the monster was made from many different people's body parts. But I think that Frankenstein did name the monster. Did he?

Steve. His name is Steve. Never washes his damn socks, and expects special recognition for paying the rent "on time". 

• Prince

Not precisely named him, but the Monster's name was Adam.

• James

Professor Brian Spedding

• Fred

If the author, Mary Schally, had given 'the creature' a personal name it would have failed to draw in the emotions of a deep emotional tragedy that is the base that supports the popularity of the story.

Hollywood is a male dominated industry … remember that!

Give him a sedagive? Igor, help me with the bags. OK, you take the blonde, and I'll take the one with the toi-ban!

I just finished reading the book. No, he never named his monster. He mostly referred to it as "the creature."

Frank N. Stein. Not sure what the 'N' stands for.

• Athena

I am Legion for we are many.

The monster has no name in the novel. It has been said that this omission is a reflection of Victor Frankenstein's complete rejection of his creation. The monster calls himself "the Adam of your labors", and is referred to as "the creature", "the fiend", "the daemon", and "the wretch" at different points in the book."

• Abby Normal....

I saw most of the movies as a kid and I never heard Frankenstein call his creature by name.