Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

What is the most UNUSUAL food that you have in your kitchen now? For me, it is probably Turkey Bologna... Maybe not so unusual but i have?

never bought or eaten it before. Don't enjoy it much. I will stick to regular beef or pork bologna from now on. What about you?

braunschweiger...LOVE it. A braunschweiger sandwich with sliced raw onions! Yummy

Foods comprised of alternate ingredients aren’t the same (turkey bacon, hot dogs, etc.) although they’re supposed to be healthier.

• james

Not unusual for here. But a dozen extra large frozen rock crabs in the freezer. Put them in there while still alive. Also some 10 to 12 inch sardines froze to deep fry. Fresh caught. Around a 1/4 of a water buffalo butchered & froze,& also goat. fish, chicken,pork in the freezer. Fresh spices out of the garden picked as needed. Also soon to be added a cat if I catch it back in my Kava pond.

Probably the strangest thing currently in my kitchen is dried lobster mushrooms, as I got them to try

Just had a jar of home canned squash,and cabbage soup,from a friend very interesting food that.

• Dimo

Transylvanian cave cheese. Interesting, different.

Tastes somewhere between an aged gouda and parmesan.

• C

Now you've given be something to search out!

• Turkey Pepperoni.

• ted

Parmesan cheese

(Cheese is not used in the food of my culture, so having cheese is unusual)

• ckngbbbls

lots of Asian cuisine doesn't involve cheese.

I've got shitake mushrooms that no cashier ever has known what they are, even if I have to tell them and see them again.

I know a tea place that buys 64oz of ginger concentrate and 2oz of real vanilla beans. That's $200 worth of flavoring you can fit in a small purse and explains why your tea there costs $8.

• John

Maybe this, a souvenir from cousins who went to Chile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merk%C3%A9n

It's OK, sort of heat without a lot of flavor.