is the vape mysterious disease from nicotine or thc? 10 points ?

Hi everyone 

I genuinely wanna collect some information here on Juul users’ opinions. I know the media at its current state is **** and it’s hard to find something anyone can truly call reliable, but I wanna see some discussion here. I juul for about two years. My questions : is it the nicotine of juul? I never used thc. only juul bought that are real. I also been really sick, tried as usual, chest pain because it’s anxiety but also there’s cold going around. I’m actually freaking out. I stopped juuling since yesterday, I also want to ask, if you stop juuling will you still catch the illness? so i have it? is it from nicotine or thc? what do you think? please give me all information so I know i’m not dying, been freaking myself out for days. I feel like the meda doesn’t explain what’s really going on and only using vaping as like everything. please help me out by providing real information to educate me. 

thank you, caterina 

If you only vaped genuine Juul cartridges you are OK. Some people can't handle VG in their lungs. The aftermarket vape cartridges have Vitamin E in them which causes all sorts of problems. Maybe other things as well. You just don't know.

• P

It's not really an illness it's physical lung damage caused by bad vape cartridges.   So far the only well documented\verified cases were people who were smoking counterfeit juuls and bad THC cartridges.   It's not the thc or the nicotine, but it's the type of oil mixed in that burns into something extremely damaging to the lungs.  So far the only bad oil definitively identified is vitamin E oil, but that isn't used in genuine Juul cartridges.   They don't really know for sure right now, but you should stop vaping until they figure things out. 

• P

It's probably something you got from a roommate, but if you don't feel right you really need to see a doctor. 

So far, the only *confirmed* sources are from black market THC cartridges. And the illness doesn't come from the THC, but from the additives to the liquid in the cartridge.

However, that doesn't mean that's necessarily the only cause, just that it's the only source that's been *confirmed*

There are a number of cases that haven't been traced to such cartridges.

And no, if you stop vaping before you have the illness, you won't get it.

The reason the media hasn't given a thorough explanation is because the medical research hasn't been done yet to give them one to tell you.

• skeptik

What you are describing may be it.
      If it doesn't get better after stopping, definitely talk to your doctor about it.