Does anyone know the value of these books?

Texas Law Books. Any info on the value would be appreciated 😊

Update:

These were purchased by someone's home decorator, so I think decor would be their only purpose. I've also seen them in many antique stores, but don't know what they were priced at?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

Each one has its own value, based upon rarity, condition and market factors. I have personally paid between 50 cents and $400 for similar leather-bound antiques. The "cases and texts" books are typically less valuable than the "statutes" or even the "case reporters".

As some have said, most of the materials are available online, but you have it in the "original package", but not in "mint condition", so you might have to select the best ones to sell or else strike a deal for the whole shebang.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You might find similar books listed on sites like abebooks dot com, with a description of the relative condition (damage, foxing, wear, etc). Some of the older (1880s) Texas Statutes may be worth up to $1,200, if first edition in good condition. Or a reprint worth about ten bucks.

• David
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I'll take them off your hands for a tenner.

• 1 month ago

Check oui Amazon or e-Bay.

• 1 month ago

i would look it up on amazon, you might be able to get some used ones

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Speed
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Zero. Law books become obsolete quickly, which is why most attorneys now prefer digital subscriptions which are kept current.

They're good for crafting, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Each one has its own value, based upon rarity, condition and market factors.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are on Ebay in varying condition. That doesn't mean anybody is buying them. "buy old law books" brought up some Google hits. As was said, they are old (not good old, just old) and in poor condition.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

There are also people who can repair old books in various ways, such as gluing on a new spine or boards or repairing end-papers to connect to the boards, and so forth.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

There outdated, in poor condition, and the content (probably cases) is available online. I don't think they're worth anything -- unless they were owned by someone famous.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Huh. Looks like Ken Paxton's law library.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.