I believe that gay people really shouldn't do gay parades?

I'm not really homophobic but I hate when people do that, If someone asks if your gay and your gay it's simple, if someone did not ask why do you have to go out and shout and wave around a rainbow flag, do straights do that no? It's 2019 its fine to be gay?

who's supposed to do gay parades if not the gays steven?

Source(s): amy

Sorry bud but yes they do.

They dont do it as we gays do but you take most parents, if little Johnny gets a girlfriend they cant wait to tell others. I dont know of many who do the same if Johnny instead has a boyfriend.

• HeeHEE4 months agoReport

yes I AGREE WE HAVE BEEN THRU SO MUCH  WE DESERVE IT

Does the same apply to St Patrick's day parades? They haven't been discriminated against in the U S for over 75 years, isn't it about time they put away their ' Kiss Me I'm Irish' tee shirts, shut up, and go about their lives. It's 2019 nobody cares if you're Irish. This also applies to any ethnic celebration or parades

Yes, actually we do need the parades. Because gay teens are bullied for being gay. LGBTQ + teens have a higher suicide rate. Kids are being disowned. It's literally against the law in some places. So ya, we're going to continue to have parades.

By the way, when I was just a baby gay, I saw a gay pride parade, and that was what helped me. I was being bullied so badly at school because I had just recently come out. I saw the parade and all the people who made it and were doing great. I saw that it was totally okay to be gay. And that's why I'm alive today. So if the parades have the same effect on other kids, then I'll continue participating in parades until I die.

• HeeHEE4 months agoReport

i agree with you WE HAVE BEEN THRU SOO MUCH HATRED WE Deserve THIS SOOOO MUCH

Many who wave flags are Not LGBTQ, but are supporters. And no one is required to say if they're gay. That's a rude question even at a Pride event.

Our rights are under attack, their is blatant homophobia, lgbt teen suicide is still high and gay bashings are still happening. So our work is not anywhere near done - we need these prides.

I don't have any problem with gay pride parades.

The 'straight pride parade' on the other hand was a farce - it was mostly a white pride parade, and it's grand marshal was right-wing d-bag Milo Yiannapoulos (who, just to kill irony, is gay).

Never was a fan of those parades, but if that is what floats their boat, and no harm to anyone else, they can have at it. I need not attend, neither do you.

• Cogito

Okay - you can believe that if you like.

I don't believe that.

Neither do most people.

So, by that view, no winning sports team should ever have, or ever have had any parades, right ?

Face it, steven, you're a bigot.

• Sara

What does that have to do with pride parades? If you don't like them, don't go to them.