Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 7 months ago

Why do parents care if their kid's beds are made?

It's just going to get messed up again the next day. If the bed is clean then it shouldn't matter that much if it looks messy.

Idk I never understand that myself

So why wipe your butt? You`re just going to poop again anyway.

ive read that bedbugs love beds that are made

Because the issue is about more than just whether or not the sheets are clean. An unmade bed makes the entire room it's in look SLOPPY, and there are plenty of parents (including mine, btw) who are less than tolerant of this. Their goal is to teach kids to have some self discipline and self respect, by requiring them to keep their rooms clean and their beds made.

Well for one someone in the house may be allergic to dust or something so that's a good reason. When I was a teenager I used to wait until I came back from school before I made my bed so that I wouldn't be late for school. Also it makes your bedroom look way more presentable and it teaches kids that sometimes they have to do things that they don't want to do.

My parents cleaned, cooked, even washed and dryed our beddings...sheets, blankets, pillowcases..never was dirty!!

It's something that i take pride in.....

For the same reason they make them bathe despite just getting dirty afterwards, or eat when you are just going to get hungry later. Some things have to be done, and done again and again.

Why wouldn't you want to make your bed? I personally don't MAKE my kids take pride in their personal space and appearance. They have enough respect for themselves to do it on their own.

• edward

I make the bed every night before i go to sleep anyway, i want to sleep in a made bed

I am over 75 and make my bed every day. I am the only one who sees it. It just makes be feel more organized. Why clean anything if it just gets dirty again? Why should your clothes be washed?