Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Why do parents care if their kid's beds are made?

It's just going to get messed up again the next day. If the bed is clean then it shouldn't matter that much if it looks messy.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Idk I never understand that myself

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

So why wipe your butt? You`re just going to poop again anyway.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

ive read that bedbugs love beds that are made

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because the issue is about more than just whether or not the sheets are clean. An unmade bed makes the entire room it's in look SLOPPY, and there are plenty of parents (including mine, btw) who are less than tolerant of this. Their goal is to teach kids to have some self discipline and self respect, by requiring them to keep their rooms clean and their beds made.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well for one someone in the house may be allergic to dust or something so that's a good reason. When I was a teenager I used to wait until I came back from school before I made my bed so that I wouldn't be late for school. Also it makes your bedroom look way more presentable and it teaches kids that sometimes they have to do things that they don't want to do.

• Micky
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

My parents cleaned, cooked, even washed and dryed our beddings...sheets, blankets, pillowcases..never was dirty!!

It's something that i take pride in.....

• 1 month ago

For the same reason they make them bathe despite just getting dirty afterwards, or eat when you are just going to get hungry later. Some things have to be done, and done again and again.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I make the bed every night before i go to sleep anyway, i want to sleep in a made bed

• 1 month ago

For some reason parents think they have to make sure their childs bed is made, the only thing that actually matters is their child having somewhere warm, comfortable and safe to sleep. If a child has no problem sleeping in a messy bed then there is no point in making it just to have it messed up in the morning.

• 1 month ago

I am over 75 and make my bed every day. I am the only one who sees it. It just makes be feel more organized. Why clean anything if it just gets dirty again? Why should your clothes be washed?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.