Do you think lgbtq education should be taught in the k-12 curriculum?

I think lgbtq education is important for youth and it’s not just about lgbtq acceptance it’s about teaching our youth to be open minded and think about the bigger picture and see past the people’s differences. It’s about teaching our children to not be bigots and grow up to be decent human beings. Also lgbtq people are born lgbtq so the lgbtq youth have no support because there is no lgbtq education. I have a friend who knew he was gay since the age of 6 he had nobody he could talk to or reach out for support. He thought he was the only boy in the world that liked boys and put him in a dark place as a child. I don’t think that it should be on the parents to educate their kids about lgbtq cuz if the child has homophobic or anti lgbtq parents they have no support or safe place. It subjects them to mental illness and child abuse. Also lgbtq education needs to be taught in a professional and neutral setting. Lgbtq education teaches lgbtq youth that there’s other people like them and that there’s support out there for them. For their heterosexual counter parts it teaches people that lgbtq do exists and to see past people’s differences and accept and respect people from all backgrounds and to promote diversity. There are a lot adults who can learn to be decent human beings too.

Not really even though most females are actually bisexual anyway

Nope I don't believe confusing kids is the right thing to do because a bunch of adults are confused about who they are.

• reme_1

It is fine to teach acceptance of other people but most parents are going to put their foot down regarding teaching their kids about gay people.

There's no such thing as "LGBTQ education." Unless we're talking about sex ed. Gay teens need to be taught how to properly protect themselves around sex and sexual relationships. However, the lies I've seen aimed at K-12 children under the false banner of "LGBTQ education" is disgusting and harmful, especially to girls (it's pro-rape, pro-sex trade) and kids that are likely to be gay once puberty hits (read, a gender non-conforming boy who likes dresses). Gender Spectrum and Mermaids are child abuse grooming cults and need to be banned from access to schools. Anyone who wants access to children for propaganda purposes should be banned. So no--it's social engineering. Have you gone through the actual material they're "teaching"? It's insane. It's false. It's harmful. I just saw a video on the BBC of 8-year-olds being instructed they would go to prison for "being disprespectful" in the context of pronoun usage.

You can teach kids to be good people, respectful, and tolerant without making it all about one specific group, just like school has always done. You can each them X historical figure you're learning about was gay. Gay people are just normal people like everyone else. Why do you think we're more in need of this than BLACK PEOPLE? For God's sake racism hasn't gone away.

I think you, and a lot of straight sympathizers, mean well but you're being conned. I'm gay BTW. There's a nasty child grooming agenda being pushed by some nasty people who are USING the cover and sympathy re: gay rights to manipulate the public. Gay people need to push back and stop this or we'll be blamed for it when it's exposed. And then we're in serious sh!t.

Source(s): Leo in the comments is a perfect example of what I mean. She was recruited, lied to, and now believes she's "transgender" and on her way to extreme body modification and amputation before she can even vote. Without public school teaching her it, it didn't occur to her.

No. This is not the place for it. Besides today's kids probably know more about it than the teachers.

Yes I think it is... I went to a private school for a while where they taught nothing about Lgbt+ when I transferred to a public school I finally understood that I was transgender and that my feelings of self hate and insecurity of being called a girl were from Gender Dysphoria and not from me just being not okay.

• Public schools shouldn’t even exist, so no. Public schools are nothing more than liberal indoctrination centers. It should be up to parents to decide how to educate their children.

Tolerance, empathy, and equality should be taught to all children. Any discussion of the LGBT community should be included in that context.

• Elizabeth

See Bobby, exactly what I am talking about. You do not recognize groups of people as even being human beings. You believe your pedophile priests when they say, 'don't look here, look at them' deflection of their crimes. And you don't understand science above the primary school level.

The problem to be resolved is that parents don't want public schools teaching their kids that their religious beliefs conflict with reality.

This is a rant. You are expected to write a question, not an opinion.