Helen asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Lactating and not pregnant?

I’m not pregnant, nor have I ever been but I am lactating. It’s not bad. I can only notice it if i squeeze hard a couple of times I might get a drop of milk but 2 days ago I noticed it first after I took off my bra and moved my breasts there was a drop and another when I squeezed it. There isn’t any leaking or anything but it’s really really embarrassing and I don’t want my partner to know. My boyfriend can be rough when it comes to nipple and breast play could this cause it? How can I get rid of it and how long should it take to dry up if I ask my partner to stop with the breast and nipple play. 

• Edna

If you haven't recently given birth, then you're not lactating. Lactation (milk from the nipple) takes place only after you've given birth.

What is coming out of your nipples isn't "milk", it's a discharge that indicates that you're injuring your nipples by squeezing them. STOP squeezing your nipples and tell your boyfriend to stop squeezing your nipples roughly. If you stop squeezing your nipples and the discharge continues, then see your doctor.

NOTHING is supposed to come out of your nipples unless you've recently given birth If it does, that's not normal.

• PAMELA

Go to a doctor for advice, you may have been pregnant and lost the baby.

• LP7

I'd be checking in with my doctor.It is not normal.Possibly breast scan

There may be a hormone imbalance involved, although it's more likely to be some kind of infection, not lactation.  Talk to your doctor.  Mention what your partner does with you.

I recommend telling your partner to back off on playing with your nipples, at least for a while.  You can let him know it's making you sore, and you need some time to get back to normal.

• k w

I dunno, BUT, I would seek info from herbalists cuz drugs are dangerous, plus you may get stuck going in circles at the so-called doctors, wasting time and money. Even a health food store may have info you can use, just stop at them randomly when you see one. so don't give up hope, just be patient, and take baby steps

• Byrd

Lactation when not pregnant is a bad sign. Nipple stimulating does not cause this. If this is true call your doc.