Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 1 month ago

DIY Archery Target?

I was wondering if I could use an old mattress as a target for archery. The mattress contains springs in it, would this be a problem? If so, can anyone suggest any ideas for a simple target please.

A bale of hay or straw and then get a large sheet of rubber to cover it so it will last a long time.

Try a water bed.

As said by several others, a bale of hay is the most used back stop.

I use 4 bales. Stack one on top and have two stacks. Cheap and

efficient.

• Adam D

Bales of hay/straw are probably the most common homemade archery targets of all time.

• BOBBER

A large round bale of hay or straw works great

I'd be concerned about the metal springs damaging the shafts. A hay bale makes a good target backer.

• Dze

that wont work .. go to the local feed store and get you several bales of hay ... keep them covered up if you want them to last ..