Can you help me with English please?
He is convinced that his team is the best one, which can win the competition.
1. What does "convinced" mean in this case?
2. He is convinced means who is he? It means he is a player or anyone? I am a bit confused.
- John PLv 71 month ago
"Being convinced" means that any person has a large belief that something will happen. I might say: "I am convinced that it will rain tomorrow".
In your example it has no connection with being a player. "He" might be a team supporter of some sort, maybe he simply attends the matches.
I also have a feeling, in fact I am almost convinced (!), that the person who wrote that sentence containing "He was convinced...." is not a native speaker of British English.
- 1 month ago
1. He is confident, really sure, has thought about it points in favor and agaisnt and conclude his team will win.
2. He maybe or not be a member of the team. "His team" may mean that he is :
a. A player / team member,
b. A fan,
c. The owner or manager of the team, etc..
- bluebellbkkLv 71 month ago
It means 'he is sure'.
- JohnLv 71 month ago
Convinced is more than confident, it is certain. Rightly or wrongly, he has no doubt.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- susanLv 71 month ago
Convinced means confident. "He" could be a player or a fan of the team.
- No MercyLv 71 month ago
he is sure. u may google the meaning of a word u know
- DavidLv 71 month ago
convinced = really thinks it's true
- Anonymous1 month ago
It means confident of his feelings and nothing will change his mind.