Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

how badly would not working Air conditioner affect the price of private car sale?

if the cars worth £1000 how much would you take off for not working A/C?

thanks

Scrap value in Most likely the car needs more work

My would offer would be whatever the cost of the car is, minus the A/C repair.

Guys in the north don't need A/C, they need HEAT.  You are selling a "Used car" and the buyer will be expecting some problems. That is normal.  If he figures out the A/C is not working, then he will DICKER for a lower price for he knows A/C costs $1000.  You don't HAVE TO GO DOWN, you just won't be selling to this guy because he "knows".  There are other buyers out there. Someone else will bite the hook. Then it is up to them to make the "discovery".  Some will and some won't.  It is no longer your problem.  You guaranteed them a used car, and yes it is used.  You did not guaranty them a fully functional vehicle.  What works, works.  They may live in northern Scotland, so will never be needing the A/C anyways.  It works as good as VW type1 Beetle A/C from the 60's...you open a window.

You are good. You just don't worry about it.

• 2 months agoReport

if someone sold me a car with undisclosed problems new or secondhand I would hunt them down and torture them

To repair the AC can cost what the vehicle is worth.

Sell it as is for the most you can get for it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

The value is L9. It will cost you a thousand quid to fix it.

I would deduct the cost of the repair to get it working.

I wouldn't buy it until it's fixed. It COULD be an expensive fix if the compressor is bad.

majority need regassing ..depending on type of gas ..£75-200

Subtract the likely repair cost. Depending on the fault that could be £40 to £400 or more...

If you get it fixed first, you know where you are with it.

• Fuhr

Take off 1100 and I'll buy it.