Neighbir said factory warranty does not transfervto a used car, only the original owner has it....?

I depends on whether the original (originem) legal deed of driving was bonded (

vinculum) to the issuing jurisdiction by solemn oath.

• zipper

That all depends on the way the warranty is written. Today many are transferable to the second owner. Read the warranty fully or conceal with an attorney to be sure!

That's up to the actual written warranty, not your neighbor.

• don r

Read the warranty and you will find out.

Neighbir is wrong.

many car warranties can be transferred to another owner.

Not true. Read any factory warranty.

It transfers to subsequent owners until the car exceeds the original time/mileage limits. Nowadays, different components have different time/mileage limits.......some years ago I bought a used second car with 86,000 miles . . . . before long it had driveability issues that were traced to fuel injection system problems . . . since that effects emissions those parts were covered for 100,000 miles (!). Although high mileage and I was the 3d owner, the dealer replaced fuel rails, injectors and associated bits at no charge (would have cost me a fortune!) .

So it's important to read the entire original manufacturer's warranty.

• JetDoc

The ORIGINAL factory warranty DOES transfer to a new owner, as long as it's still in effect.

It's the aftermarket "extended warranties" that may not transfer. READ the warranty contract!

It does by federal law if car 3 yo or less.

Some "neighbir" Also tried to tell me that hand signals were "no longer legal in CA".

Maybe some extended warranty might not. Depends.