Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Do you like the name ‘Emma-Olga’ for a baby girl?

• Violet

Definitely not.

Hyphenated names are generally quite tacky, and look like the parents couldn't pick a name so they jammed two together. In the case of 'Emma-Olga', the names also don't flow. Emma is bland and overused, and Olga just doesn't flow with it. Emily Olga, Emmaline Olga or Evelyn Olga (as first and middle names) would work a lot better.

• Prissy

Actually,i do not like the name Emma.

Olga is not bad, instead....I do not like the combination of those two names, though.

They sound horrible together . They both end in A and don’t flow. Hideous. Emma is too common and boring and Olga is just disgusting 

what is wrong with some people??

Sorry I don't like either name.

No, I don't like it

• blank

Not keen on the Olga part. I love the Emma part though. I love the name Emma. I am not keen on Olga though.

No. The Olga part is ugly.

• John P

Not as a combination like that. But as first and second names separately - lovely. Just remember that Olga is Russian.

Emma is pretty and sweet, Olga sounds like an old hag. PLEASE drop the Olga part.

NO! It’s awful. I like Emma on its own as a name, but why on earth would you need to hyphenate it with a name like Olga!? Olga is probably one of the ugliest names in the world!