Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 9 months ago

Moving country from social services ?

Social services where involved over a year ago and only left because I broke up with my partner ( they said he was a risk to me) nothing physical just arguments. 

Anyway we got back together and everything’s been great. Someone informed social services we were back together and they phoned me to tell me they would have to get involved if we are together. I told them we’re not and I haven’t heard anything since.. this was a couple of months ago. 

We were thinking of moving abroad so we can actually be a family.. has anyone done this and is is possible without them finding out and getting involved? Thanks 

3 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Your local social services don’t have jurisdiction in a foreign country. Just make sure you’re not putting yourself into a position where it’ll be just that much easier for him to kill you. Also, if he’s been convicted of domestic violence the only way he could immigrate is if he already holds citizenship somewhere else. People with criminal records don’t qualify for work visas.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    So... Was this his idea, or did he get you to think it was your idea?

    Social services don't get involved for kicks and giggles, but because there is a REAL threat. Not just for a few arguments. They get involved because you and your kids are in danger.

    And this plan to move abroad to avoid their scrutiny only confirms it. That is classic abusive partner behaviour. Isolate the victim. Get her away from family, from friends, from anybody who might help her once the physical violence starts. Well, there is no better way to isolate you than to move to another country. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    If you can't be with him in the country you are in because Social Services thinks he is a threat to you or your children, moving won't change who he is, only make it HARDER for you to go if in another country and have to rely more on him. Don't do it.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.