Should I cancel my last ultrasound Visit for my baby (mom's)?

This Should be a joyous time for me and I was so excited. The week came in and nothing but stressful things have occurred. I can't even sleep. I don't want to see my kid in my belly for the first time while under sadness and stress should I try and move my appointment to the next available one. 

Seeing your baby should cheer you up, not add to your sadness. This weekend marks my mom's 1 year death anniversary and I'm trying to focus on the fact that I get 3D ultrasounds of my baby next week and find out the gender. Go for your currently scheduled ultrasound appointment. You won't regret it.

• Pippin

You don't have to ever have ultrasounds if you don't want them.

• GB

The ultrasound is for your baby's sake, but you don't have to look at the screen if you don't want to. Take something to cover your eyes, and tell the sonographer how you feel. If they offer a photograph, asked for it to be put in a sealed envelope. Then you can look at it later if you want to.

No.  You should do two things:

1.  Understand that the ultrasound is about the baby, not you.  It is to ensure the fetus is developing as it should.  Not going is not in the best interest of your child.

2.  Call your Ob/Gyn ASAP and explain your stress and depression.  Pregnancy and impending parenthood can be very stressful and scary. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball.  Sometimes hormones cause big emotional swings.  That's normal, but you should feel free to discuss your current mental state with your doctor.  It is as much a part of your prenatal care as anything else. 

• Byrd

Oooo such drama....