Should cops have certain powers taken away from them ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Yes they should.In the UK they are well known for lying in court and having people put behind bars for one simple reason....they wan't them off the street and will do anything possible to make it happen,even if it means concocting a false story..... a lot of people believe they use their powers to only incense others and do very little to help the community......

• james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. They need to be brought under control.

• Stan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Hell no, they need MORE. Why would law abiding people want the police to have LESS POWER, in a free country of course?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I think their needs be a Fed officer in court, at least in the US, with 100% power over proceedings. If he sees a cop or court do something illegal or just against Rules of Court, precedent, case law, or, Common Sense; he can stop it. And, force redress of grievances--lying cop gets perjury. Period. Judge that denies change of venue, or admits bias; temporarily disbarred. New trial in different city.

Cops themselves, no. I think they just need to be more accountable, like my example. A good cop that 100% busts Only the bad guy, shouldn't lose One Iota of power.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The way things are today I don't think they should.

• Anon4 weeks agoReport

NO. We need more accountability, yes.

• 4 weeks ago

If anything, they should have even more powers. Something tells me we're gonna need them.

• Richard
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

If it's getting bad guys off the streets, you betcha.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.