Should cops have certain powers taken away from them ?

Favorite Answer

Yes they should.In the UK they are well known for lying in court and having people put behind bars for one simple reason....they wan't them off the street and will do anything possible to make it happen,even if it means concocting a false story..... a lot of people believe they use their powers to only incense others and do very little to help the community......

• james

Yes. They need to be brought under control.

Hell no, they need MORE. Why would law abiding people want the police to have LESS POWER, in a free country of course?

I think their needs be a Fed officer in court, at least in the US, with 100% power over proceedings. If he sees a cop or court do something illegal or just against Rules of Court, precedent, case law, or, Common Sense; he can stop it. And, force redress of grievances--lying cop gets perjury. Period. Judge that denies change of venue, or admits bias; temporarily disbarred. New trial in different city.

Cops themselves, no. I think they just need to be more accountable, like my example. A good cop that 100% busts Only the bad guy, shouldn't lose One Iota of power.

The way things are today I don't think they should.

• Anon3 months agoReport

NO. We need more accountability, yes.

If anything, they should have even more powers. Something tells me we're gonna need them.