What’s better debit card or credit card?
I have chase bank debit Visa card.
- AmyLv 78 months agoFavourite answer
A credit card is better, but only if you are responsible about using it.
A debit card lets you take money from your account. It's the same as writing a check. You can't ever spend more than you have.
A credit card lets you borrow money. The advantages are
(1) If someone steals your card or number, and you report the theft immediately, then the thief is spending someone else's money instead of yours.
(2) If you get into an emergency and need more money than you have, you can use a credit card and pay it back slowly (with a high rate of interest).
The disadvantage of a credit card is if you are irresponsible, you will be tempted to spend money that you don't have when it's not an emergency. That will cause you to pay tons of interest, and to not have the credit available for a real emergency.
- GEEGEELv 78 months ago
Debit cards are linked to your own bank accounts, so you are spending your own money. With credit cards, you are spending the banks money. You can spend more with credit cards for the most part, which can be good, or quite bad.
- Ozzie KlunkLv 68 months ago
Credit cards are better because they offer rewards. Just as long as you don't incur interest by not paying the balance each month.
- sunshine_melLv 78 months ago
Credit cards give you more insurance on payments; but ensure you don't get into debt.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous8 months ago
How do you mean? Debit is riskier in that your money is gone while they investigate. With a credit card, its the banks money.
- Howard LLv 78 months ago
A credit card is better because you're not immediately responsible for fraudulent charges. With a debit card your money is gone immediately and you don't get it back until you prove the charge was fraudulent.
- audreyLv 78 months ago
A debit card is better because it doesn't let you spend money you don't have. But if you're trying to build your credit score up, a credit card is the way to go. Just be very careful with it.