Foolproof way to get smell out of towel?

I have had this one towel for about 7 months now that smells like ... green onions. Seriously. And it's the only towel that does this. I keep grabbing it before a shower, realizing it smells, and then throwing it in the laundry basket. It's probably been washed about 30 times by now.  It's brown striped so I haven't tried bleach or anything.

I know it makes sense to just throw it out but I really want to know why it smells/why the smell won't come out, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Broax detergebt enhancer works great.

Wash it with Fabuloso, available in several fragrances at the Dollar Store or Walmart. Towel will smell like that for several months. A 24oz. bottle kills the smell of a trash can full of dog poop at the dog park. 

• Pat

NOT VINEGAR.

BAKING SODA.

• Byrd

Try white vinegar or better yet toss it and get over it

• Laurie

The smell could be inherent in the fiber, particularly if it is made from synthetic fibers.

Soak in a vinegar solution before washing. 

Use white vinegar not malt unless you want pickled onions.

• Why bothers? Why don’t you throw it out? And buy a new one. Towels are a buck 50 where I live.