Verulam 1 asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 months ago

First of all it's Hamilton posting a rather dark and worrying message on Instagram and now we have Prince Harry blubbing during a speech?

ast some event he and his wife were attending. What's going on with our 'men' these days? Something in the water?

@ Catrin - As if it really matters, I don't expect to see Harry, who lives a very privileged life compared to the majority of us, blubbing on the platform when giving a speech. What's he needing to cry about fgs? And I'd not expect to see a woman crying like that either. As for Hamilton, I am concerned about where his statement is coming from.

In Harry’s case, just trying to jump on a bandwagon. Seemed fake and rehearsed, and unnecessary.

Hamilton, attention seeking too?

Remember Harry was bemoaning the nasty media but the next week creates media attention by blubbing on tv for no other reason than to get ....media attention.

Really men cry.  Far to long men weren't  told to keep a strong upper lip which maybe part of the reason suicide in young men has been so high  for far to long.  Having emotions is human and whether you a male or female  sometimes we need to show them and there is nothing wrong with that.  Maybe you need to come out of the dark ages.

• Bear

Harry's excuse is,that he's over privileged,from an inbred family and p*ssy-whipped.

Hamilton is a whiney sh*t,with the personality of a house brick.

Gosh, I find this question rather odd when we are rightly being urged to be more open about mental health problems, not less.

Why shouldn’t men cry or be depressed about the state of the world? Do you think that only women should be allowed that privilege?

Edit. I wasn’t aware of either until I saw your question, since I am not remotely interested in anything either of these people have to say. But if they don’t want to pretend that everything is fine and keep the overrated stiff upper lip, that’s fine by me.

Maybe it's something he has learnt from his father, who had frequent outbursts of crying to mummy. One of the reasons that Prince Philip used to walk OUT of a room when Charles entered it, he couldn't bear to be in the same room as his weak son.

• Lv 7

"was" mentally odd? I challenge your use of the past tense!

Don't worry, we've got stalwarts like Prince Andrew, Boris, Weinstein, Gazza etc - to keep up the 'old man' ways

They seem to be either wet or shady misogynists, young men have no decent role models at the moment, on the other hand women have fantastic role models (Greta Thunberg, AOC) seems they will inherit the earth.

Isn't the fact that people bemoan what's happening to "our 'men'" part of the problem?

Perhaps he ought to man up and display the British stiff upper lip. Big boys don't cry. Or perhaps those gender roles are complete cobblers. You choose.

• catrin l

Hamilton said it was the state of the world and nobody seemed to care. Perfectly understandable.

God knows what his Great Grandparents thought.

Get with the times old man, it's ok to show emotions these days. The younger generations of men are now free to cry, laugh and love out loud, something your generation were too scared to show. You should be glad that they can do this & not be making fun of them.