When do you use a comma when asking a question?

Anytime there is a pause, use a comma. That was an example. Another time would be when listing things like apples, oranges, and plums. That’s another example. It works the same way when asking a question. An example would be: Mary, when is your birthday? Or: When is your birthday, Mary?

I hope this helps.

Update: The comma after oranges is acceptable. This is one of the strange rules in the English language that keeps switching back and forth, so both ways are equally accepted.

Commas go before a conjunction, and a list of objects.

Conjunctions are such words as 'and', 'but', 'if'', etc.,

You don't always have to use a comma. Show us the question you are talking about.

• Mercy

before a conkunction

"Why didn't you tell me you went to the movies , and who went with you?"

when I give to teach my students, at that time I use the comma.

Thanks

When do you use a comma, when asking a question?

When someone asks two questions and uses “or” in between, there are two options: Put a comma/semicolon before the “or” that separates the two sentences and a question mark at the end; or make it into two questions.

https://www.margieholdscourt.com/compound-question...

You add them based on how the question is constructed. A question doesn't necessarily need any comma's. A sentence in general might not need any comma's.

• VP

I see one comma. I see two commas. No apostrophe needed.