When do you use a comma when asking a question?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Anytime there is a pause, use a comma. That was an example. Another time would be when listing things like apples, oranges, and plums. That’s another example. It works the same way when asking a question. An example would be: Mary, when is your birthday? Or: When is your birthday, Mary?

I hope this helps.

Update: The comma after oranges is acceptable. This is one of the strange rules in the English language that keeps switching back and forth, so both ways are equally accepted.

• 4 weeks ago

Commas go before a conjunction, and a list of objects.

Conjunctions are such words as 'and', 'but', 'if'', etc.,

• 1 month ago

You don't always have to use a comma. Show us the question you are talking about.

• Mercy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

before a conkunction

"Why didn't you tell me you went to the movies , and who went with you?"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

when I give to teach my students, at that time I use the comma.

Thanks

• 1 month ago

When do you use a comma, when asking a question?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

When someone asks two questions and uses “or” in between, there are two options: Put a comma/semicolon before the “or” that separates the two sentences and a question mark at the end; or make it into two questions.

https://www.margieholdscourt.com/compound-question...

• 1 month ago

You add them based on how the question is constructed. A question doesn't necessarily need any comma's. A sentence in general might not need any comma's.

• VP
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I see one comma. I see two commas. No apostrophe needed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.