BOUGHT A USED CAR FROM AUTONATION TWO DAYS AGO AND HAS MOTOR mount ISSUES, should I return for my money back or fix?

I bought a car two days ago checked it with my husband. After a few days driving I realized there is a vibration that keeps bothering me. The motor mounts ended up being the problem. I spent so much money on the deposit for the car that it’s hard for me to fix it at this point. The car has a 5-day money back guarantee. I have mixed feelings, should I fix it for $500 if the car is worth $10,000 based on the inspection. I paid $8,900 but I feel like the dealer should have taken care of it. FYI it’s in FL, the car is a Lexus RX 330 old model 2004. Dealer said I should have purchased the warranty if I wanted them to fix it. But they didn t disclose the information on the motor mounts that was stated in the INSPECTION DOCS I found later in the hood of the car from August of this year. They did not fix them because of the cost. Can they sell a car like that without letting you know? I feel very shady about this whole situation...

I have a mechanic who will fix the 3 motor mounts for $300 but I put so much money into the deposit and insurance... dont know if its worth it

Dealer said they will not fix it because I did not purchase the warranty but dont they have to disclose any major issues? Also, they have a 5 day money back guarantee so Im thinking thats my only option.

The mechanic saw the rest of the car and said everything else is good. Brakes are new and compressor and valves look new, no leaks.

I would just fix it

Djdkdkdkskdkdksjssjs

See how much it will cost to fix and if it’s too much then return it

yes return soon

Since you have 5 days, threaten the dealer with a return if he doesn't fix the problem.

• zipper

Call them and see if they will repair the issue, that reflexs on them and they mite help you out. Asking us is a wast of efford and time!

• Scott

Welcome to the world of owning a used car. If the rest of the car is in good shape, it's crazy to dump it over a measly $300 repair.

No, dealers don't have to disclose anything. Dealers acquire vehicles from auctions, trades, etc... they may have no clue there are issues themselves before selling a vehicle. 

A simple inspection by a licensed mechanic would've caught the issue before purchase. If you really like the vehicle, $300 isn't bad to fix it. See if the dealer will help you with the amount (maybe refund the amount or go "halves" with you). They may do so to avoid a return/refund. 

• Geo

best answer for sure

• arther

what does the mechanic that will change the engine mounts for $300 say about the rest of the car? if he likes it new engine mounts what the brakes look like? Usually when you buy an older car do do the brakes and any thing else you can find in the suspension thats worn this way the car drives nice as you'll end up doing them any way.

Take it back. Having a motor mount fail can result in a deadly accident. Find another car elsewhere.