Is it Christian to be a programmer?

I want to know if I can be a programmer if I'm a Christian?

No, if you would like to become a programmer, you must believe and fully support the world being controlled by robots, if not, you'll become a victim

I am a Christian and was a programmer though the staff was full of Darwinist and evolutionist..

Let me ask you this,

Is it Christian to work for a Bank ?

to work as a web admin at pornhub ?

• dumbbu

No, to be a successful computer programmer you have to renounce your faith and get with Program.

Well, you will be saving a lot of people.

Thats like saying is it ok as a Christian to use a computer!

• Ian

It's a grey area, nowhere in the bible does it say computers are good. They enable a lot of crime and fornication. Pretty sure they are the kind of thing St. Paul included in the "depravity" category.

It is not un-christian. In other words, writing software does not violate any christian doctrine. If you steal s/w or write s/w to steal, then you are sinning. 

• Sky

What in the world makes you think you can't be both? It's two separate, unrelated things. Stop letting horseshit religion dictate what you can and can't do with your life.

• keerok

I know a Christian. He is a programmer.

Yes, best programmers are Christian.