How soon after sex should you take a pregnancy test?

My boyfriend and I just did it on Monday and I feel really tired, stomach hurts alot and I got hot today in my office? That doesn't mean I am pregnant does it? He came very fast and am not sure if any got inside of me through or not because it looked like most of it was on my sweatshirt!

Are you 12? Because your question very much reads like a 12 year old who doesn't understand how sex, conception, and pregnancy work.

You can't have symptoms a few days after sex. The FIRST symptom of pregnancy is a missed period. If you know exactly when ovulation occurred (which most women don't, and doesn't happen using an app or counting days), you can test two weeks after that.

Realistically, you look at it this way. Conception can take up to five days after sex. Implantation can take up to ten days after conception. (Both of those can take even longer in extreme circumstances.) From there, you need at least a few days for hCG to build up high enough for a test to detect. That's about 19-21 days from sex.

• Edna

You and your boyfriend had sex this past Monday? This is only Wednesday - 2 days later. You wouldn't even BE pregnant yet. Pregnancy doesn't happen on the very same day you have sex. It doesn't happen until at least 10 days later, when the fertilized egg implants into the lining of the uterus and establishes a pregnancy. You are not pregnant until that happens.

Feeling tired, your stomach hurting, or "feeling hot" are NOT early symptoms of pregnancy. Your FIRST "symptom" of a suspected pregnancy is ALWAYS going to be if your next period is at least one week overdue.

Two weeks after conception.

No it doesn't because if you did conceive the egg would not be in your womb yet - was it unprotected because you say unsure if any got inside you, where else would it go unless he wore a condom.

• John P

You should read the instructions which come with the test. Most of them seem to say that 2 weeks is the minimum time.

Note that early symptoms of pregnancy are very mild in many women, many do not realise that they are pregnant for some weeks at least.

By "coming very fast" I assume that you were both hoping that "pulling out" is a good form of birth control. Not so, it is a very poor form. Go to a sexual health clinic and get the good info about sex and pregnancy which your schools obviously failed to give you. Meanwhile do not have sex without him using a condom. Never, not at any time of the month.

I think you have to wait until after or during when you would have had your next period, those symptoms don’t necessarily have anything to do with pregnancy.