Can a NYC expert give me some advice? I'm considering moving to SoHo.?

I love the city life. I like to be able to go outside, walk a few steps and be surrounded by coffee, restaurants, markets, art and shopping(clothes, tech, etc). Would SoHo be an ideal place for me? What about Broome street?

Thanks

Not to mention I love to just sit outside, being around all the action, listen to music and people watch.

Money isn't an issue. I can afford luxury living. I just want to know if SoHo matches what I'm looking for.

Money isn't an issue at all. I just want to know if the neighborhood matches what I'm looking for.

• Sharon

SoHo somewhat matches your ideal, but so do a few other communities which might be less expensive, including Brooklyn Heights and Morningside Heights

• Gjon7 months agoReport

Can you elaborate on "somewhat"? I've been to NY many times, but never explored Manhattan. At this time I'm just doing research, but thought it would be best to ask people who actually live there or know more about it.

• MS

Soho is one of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC. If I were going to move to Manhattan, that's probably where I'd move. However, keep in mind that even tiny apartments are very expensive in Manhattan. But if you can afford to live there, then you'd probably enjoy living in that area of the city. You may find more reasonable, yet comparable, neighborhoods outside of Manhattan.

• Mamianka

All true. But this person getting info from a gaggle of pseudonymed strangers is dicey.

Can you afford the rent in that area ? If not, your desire to live there is guaranteed to be unrequited.

yes, they definitely can. find one and ask them.

• Lv 6

You asked a question that starts with "can". Logically, the only possible answers to any question starting with "can" is "yes", or "no". So you did not ask. How dare you lie.