Michael asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why can't I stop eating junk food?

As many people here have said, junk food IS addictive. What I haven't seen is, how to stop eating it. Like anything else that is addictive, it is very hard to stop, and your body will crave it. For me, I absolutely LOVE ice cream. I can honestly sit there with a half gallon and eat it ALL. To me, a pint of ice cream is a serving. Anything less, is just a sample. LOL. The little Ben & Jerry's cups.......SAMPLES. LOL. Anyway, does it work to replace ice cream with an apple? Heck no!!! But what I have found is, you have to stay away from ALL of it, for AT LEAST 1 month. You have to eat healthy. Lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, and fiber. I eat sweet potatoes almost every single day. I just bake it in the oven and put a smidge of brown sugar on it. No white potatoes, no white bread, no pasta. The first week is the hardest, but it does get easier. I promise. I have lost 35 lbs. I try not to keep junk food in the house, but my husband likes it, and HE can control his intake, so it's there. I just know that, for me, I can't eat ANY. He will say, "Do you want a cookie?" I decline. Because I know, it will start that cycle again. I bring my lunch to work and that's all I eat. I don't order out. I eat high protein, low carb. I usually get hungry mid afternoon. For afternoon snack I have 1/2c. oatmeal, plain. I add cinnamon and sugar sub. and a protein shake. It fills me up so much that I have a late dinner and it holds me until breakfast. I do try to have a light snack before bed, but I'm not always hungry. If I am though, I will have a non-fat greek yogurt, or fruit, or high protein granola bar, etc. and always, always, always, drink decaf tea before bed. Hope this helps a little.

It may be for many reasons.

1) emotional eating

2) sugar cravings

3) bad habits hard to leave

4) hunger (mostly because you have nothing else to eat beside the junkfood)

5) obesity (leads to even more need to eat)

6) lack of pleasure or dopamine dependency

7) lack of exercise

8) other underlying issues (gut, liver, etc.)

Because it is designed to be addictive.

because you don't have any goal in life to get fit. once you will set a goal then you will stop eating it eventually

Because junk food is addicting. The chemicals, sugars, and additives are extremely addicting and they're designed to be that way so you go back for me. People do that all the time and it's normal. You just have to cook healthy alternatives of what you're used to eating and while you're doing that you could always branch out and try healthy options that look good to you.

emotional eater? deal with your emotions, your brain remembers what you last ate, example if you were very hungry and you ate a bag of chips, next time ur hungry your brain will be hardwired to go straight for the chips. Stress can influence bad eating habits too

Because junk food is attractive food and Also addictive! So It can't avoid junk food and with used to very much.

Your body craves it. We nornally crave the things that are bad for us. You have to retrain your tastebuds and refrain from foods that are bad. It will be better for your health in the long run.

cause it tastes good, i would stop before you start having problems with it

Coz you are a yank.

Because you’re either lazy, fat or both. You fat lazy bastard. Xo