Tom asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Is being sprayed by aerosol a painful way for a fly to die?

Would a fly suffer if it was killed by being sprayed with aerosol, such as deodorant? Is this a cruel way to kill a fly?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Flys do not have a nervous system capable enough of feeling pain. They only last a few days and they're not designed to do anything other than to eat rotten food and reproduce more flies. Most insects do not have the brainpower to feel pain because it's just not efficient energy wise. Insects that are damaged don't tend to need pain, to get repaired.

• 4 weeks ago

Considering pain - flies transmit a long list of serious diseases. Would you put to watch a toddler suffer and die over days or weeks - or kill the fly that brings disease?

• 4 weeks ago

I think they like it because they go around very fast like a spinning top when executed in this way.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. I always kill them with one swat.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It will be deprived of air (like drowning) and probably made to feel very ill. All life is cruel, even vegan life which, disgustingly, doesn't acknowledge that plants hurt when they are cut.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'm sure it's a worse death than a flyswatter. But it's sometimes easier and less messy to kill them with aerosol spray.

• Henry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

No, because flies don't have souls.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.