Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Will my baby be okay??

During bath time, I accidentally got soap in my baby's hair when rinsing out the shampoo. He cried for a while and I got a towel and wiped his eye. After his bath, I got a scoop full of water with my hand and splashed it in his eye.. His eye is red and he seems to be responding to his name when i say it and he looks at me.. I'm worried I damaged his eye.. He's 5 months

• Suzy Q

Your baby's eyes are basically the same as your eyes.

Have you ever gotten shampoo in your eyes? Were your eyes damaged? 

• Byrd

OMG such drama......

• Marie

He will be fine. It’s happened to all of us. But use baby shampoo next time

• Frank

You're supposed to be using no more tears baby shampoo. Or any type of baby shampoo that won't irritate the baby's eyes. You have not permanently damaged your kids eyes but you should look into the type of shampoo that you're using. Why do you have a baby if you don't know what you're doing? You had the poor thing for five months you should know by now. What the hell is wrong with you?

• Marie

Maybe Frank that a parent doesn’t always do everything perfect .  Stop freaking parent shaming!! Or don’t comment on the post at all

You accidentally got shampoo in your toddlers hair ...... this is what it's intended for and it should not harm the toddler .