Serious question! If i asked a police officer to shoot me because im suicidal anyway would they do it?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No !

But they would give you free bed and board for a long period of time at the Funny farm where you get to live in a nice rubber room and wear fashionable straight jacket!

• 1 month ago

No, they'd need a better reason.

• 1 month ago

Not if you ask. If you are presenting a clear and immediate threat to others, and make it clear you CAN'T be stopped in any other way, they will eventually take steps necessary to stop the threat.

• 1 month ago

No, go see a counselor remember somebody always loves ya

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

if you follow the unwritten guidelines for "suicide by cop" they may shock the hell out of you instead with a taser....use of force has been an issue lately

• 1 month ago

Death by cop happens not by walking up to a police officer and saying I'm suicidal please shoot me. If you want to get shot by a police officer get a gun and point and wave it at him and refused to drop it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not usually but if you want to make sure just have a gun in your hand and don't drop it when the officer tells you to and you should be good and shot about 6 seconds from ignoring the officers command to drop the weapon

• 1 month ago

No they won't. Call the suicide hotline if you're suicidal.

• Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Ordinarily no. A cop will however defend himself if he finds that you have a weapon and you are threatening others with it. It's called suicide by cop. It doesn't always work because shooting someone is not an exact science and you could end up paralyzed or with medical conditions for the rest of your life that are very painful. I don't recommend. If you're keen on committing suicide, consult a psychiatrist.

• BB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. It won't happen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.