Why is it still legal to get unnecessary forced genital surgery on infants?

• Kieth

Nothing is forced, parents can decide.

im thankful every day for circumsisim and a long healthy problem free sex life

It's bizarre that we start chopping parts off babies as soon as they're born. I can't imagine why anyone thinks this is acceptable practice.

You mean circumcision? Or are we talkin that the infant was born a hermaphrodite. Circumcision doesn't hurt anything it's for health purposes and if the baby is born a hermaphrodite they check to see which organ is functional and eliminate the one that isn't.

• Pippin

It's legal for parents to make medical decisions for their children. In fact, it is expected that they do so.

• Rick B

Because parents make the healthcare decisions for their children.

It is legal, but I find it weird and don't think it should be a thing... I feel like we'll look back in 500 years and look at it as shocking and an almost medieval practice