1 day vacation excuse for work?

I want to plan ahead a day off in 2 weeks with my manager, I don't want to be stupid and just say I'm sick the day of so I need to come up with a lie of somewhere I'm going or something I'm doing that day to take as a vacation day.

Dog ate the homework.

no, you won't get fired

if you want to take a vacation day - then ask for the day off as vacation - you do NOT need to give an 'excuse'.

Tell the truth.

• Judy

Is there some reason you have to lie? If ? have a vacation day coming, why not just say you want to take it?

Why do you need to say anything at all? Many MANY companies that offer PTO have policies in place. If you have paid time off, it's YOURS, you've earned it, and they have no right to ask what the hell you're doing during any time you've requested. If they ask, say whatever the heck you want.

Again, they seriously have no right to ask what you're doing on your time off at all. It's your time to take to do whatever you need to do, end of story.

Just request the day off, just like a doctor's appointment.

• jacob1 month agoReport

Ok yea maybe I'll say I have a Doctor's appointment

You don't need an excuse to take a vacation day. Vacation days can be used for anything you want and you need offer no explanations. Just request the day. If your boss can approve it, he/she will. If others have already requested it off, you can try to arrange a switch with someone (if that's allowed).

• jacob1 month agoReport

Yes but it's a part time job and they don't really care about me so if I don't have a place I'm going that day that is in the way of working that day, they will disapprove it. Maybe I'll just say it's my friends birthday that day.