Meal ideas?

So, I’m getting sick of rice based dishes. I’m looking for something a bit different. So any ideas for a gluten intolerant, vegetarian girl with a mushroom allergy?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tofu stir fry served in lettuce cups.

• Jane
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You must be so bored of rice! Loads of carb alternatives, not just potatoes, also rice noodles, quinoa, corn tortillas, rice cakes ( love the salted and the chocolate ones!) pancakes, flatbreads and crackers made with gf flour- make your own, lots of quick recipes online.

If you become a more confident cook, you will be able to experiment and enjoy so much delicious food! Maybe you've just got stuck in a rut.I regularly cook for gf vegetarians, favourites are comfort foods like quorn cottage pie topped with creamy mash, asian dishes like spicy coconut thai curry with noodles, deep fried onion bhajias/veg pakora/ veg tempura using chickpea or rice flour, singapore noodles, veggie corn tacos with avocado, bbq corn on the cob with chilli oil, corn bread and salads, gf pasta with kale and walnut pesto......

Get inspired and get cooking!

• Moneek
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Just go on line....there are many great potato dishes.

I have tried a few which have now become a party favourite.

• 1 month ago

potatoes works well and you can purchase noodles made with rice instead of wheat.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Quinoa is a good option - and complete protein.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What about rice noodles? They can be used in lots of Thai food that's mostly vegetarian. They even have vegetarian fish sauce.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Have you been tested for gluten allergy? I bet not as it requires a stomach biopsy. I bet that's just a getting getting on the latest fad wagon.

• Byrd
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And I bet you are self diagnosed

• 1 month ago

NO IDK eat a bowl of ice cream

• 1 month ago

Vegetables with potatoes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.