Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

is it true you have to work 6 months to get an apartment?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, some landlords rent to students or to others having no gainful employment or work history, provided there is some reason to believe the rent will be timely paid.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would depend on the landlord/agent and what they are asking for, if it is 3. 6 or 12 month payslips...so not true across the board, however may be true of the landlord/agent to apply to

• 1 month ago

Six months or a full year. Most landlords require that you have been at your current job for a full year.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I know many landlords who routinely rent to students having no "job" whatsoever, let alone for a full year.

• 1 month ago

No. Some landlords have that requirement but not all do. It is very uncommon in my area.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is completely up to the landlord. They each have their own requirements of qualification. Some do set such a rule because it proves a tenant has a stable income to be able to afford rent.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on the landlord, but many, not all, require that.

• LILL
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. I require my tenants to prove 12 month of stable employment.

• 1 month ago

You should have some work history in place, for sure. It makes you look reliable and even more important, that you have a steady income to pay the rent. 6 months? Meh, up to the landlord. Some just care about a clean credit and background check and no evictions.

• 1 month ago

Nope. You must have a work history to satisfy the landlord. Some are ok with 6 months, others want even more. There is no set rule, but 6 months shows you are somewhat stable...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.