I’m a lesbian. I want to get pregnant though IVF ?

Hi, I am a 22 year old lesbian in a super amazing relationship with the woman of my dreams. We decided marriage wasn’t for us, but do want to have children.

I’m so nervous about IVF because I will be carrying our child. I’m nervous about needles and all of that. I want to have her eggs and a “sperm donner’s” transfered into my body. I’m just so worried. The success rate it so low. 

Urgg why is it so hard getting pregnant 😭 as a lesbian, science needs to come up with a way we can get pregnant easier. 

As long as you don't sue the guy for child support

It is so hard because it is not natural and two women cannot reproduce duh

• reme_1

You should think about this a little longer. You are still pretty young. Also marriage would provide a safety net for health insurance, life insurance, the last name for your child, so much more. Why would you turn down something that we fought so hard for? Getting married offers you 1165 legal rights...…. that you would not have otherwise. If you are afraid of needles, you might want to rethink this. You said science needs to come up with a way lesbians can get pregnant. They did- but you are scared.

You do realize that any child conceived with her eggs with no be your child and that if you should ever need to go to court for custody the child would not be considered yours.

• Funnelweb

Actually the birth mother is the legal mother ion most jurisdictioins.

Try the nobel prize sperm bank.

find a Blackman with a large penis as a donor

Please do get married first. Think of the child. The commitment-averse have a poor track record. Also, I may be mistaken but I believe an egg is already fertilized before implantation. This is different than when it's your own egg.

I wouldn’t do this unless you’re married. The lgbt community worked so so so hard gay marriage. Its not just a peace of paper - it means rights and benefits and protections for your family. Should she die, skip out of town or if one of you becomes disabled - that piece of paper will help you. Plus - since the child will be born in your household - it will be assumed that you are both parents and can both be on the birth certificate. You’re young yet. Stand your ground. If it won’t be her it will be someone else - but get those rights - get married.

You need boyfriend.

• Cogito

It's just as hard for straight couples with fertility problems.

As you're only 22, I think you should wait a few more years before trying to bring a child into the world.

There's no hurry. In a few more years the success rate will be higher and you'll be more mature and able to cope with a baby, then a child, then a teenager - every age brings its own problems!

Being nervous about needles is the least of your challenges as a mother to be! You'd get jabbed with all sorts of needles, poked and prodded inside and out, and childbirth is a very painful process. My labour lasted over 36 hours and when that was over I had to lie there for an hour while the damage to my personal portions was sewn back into place.

It's tough! Wait until you're old enough to cope with all that!