Atheists, did you ever consider that the reason Christians want to 'save you' is because they care about what happens to you?

While that is a great thought, it is usually out of selfishness that they spread the "Good News" and reject the notion you could care about them deluding themselves when they ignore better reasoning and a better perspective on why they should reconsider their position. Even with my Christian friends who could legitimately care about my salvation, when pressed for good reasons to believe it and shown good reasons not to, they know I made the better case and have to just fall back on blind faith in the light of good reasoning. I love my Christian friends, and they certainly learned not to talk religion around me since I know more than they do, using biblical verses to make my case, but there are good reasons we all can't be Christians or any other faith.

Christians, did it ever occur to you that the people you elevate to ministers, pastors, or what ever the title, have no better communication with a non-existent (or existent in your minds) deity than you do?

No, it's because they've been told they should, and that's enough for them.

Yes, of course I realise that.

Do Christians ever consider that however much they want to save me, I see no reason to think that they have the means to save me or that any of the claims they make are true?

Of course I've considered it.

Now I say "Thank you. I have determined the truth for myself", then I proceed to ignore anything further.

• Thanks, but a god already saved me before Jesus did, I follow her now.

I was an atheist and a god showed me she was real. See how simple that is? No human needed to convince me through deceptive rhetoric, it was clear proof.

• Simon T

Nim, can you share what happened to you?

• Caesar

Atheist was a word made by Greek theist to call unbelievers in gods, that happen 5 centuries before any Christians exist, so those Greeks also care about what happens to you and me?

Yes.

No pitch by theists has any verifiable truth to them - they're all based on very questionable user reviews 'Mary thinks METHODISM™ is just swell! Join METHODISM™ today and find out about our many benefits.' or 'Bernie has been a REFORMED JEW ® for over 30 years and he's never had any problems! With excellent worldwide coverage and 24/7 Hotline to God, REFORMED JUDAISM ® is the only sensible choice.'

Theists can't even prove souls exist, why do they think I'm going to buy insurance for it?

• They think we are insulting them....when all we are doing is telling them the truth.....which most of them do not want to hear

• Simon T

Pyriform - He just needs to fool himself. He has gotten very good at it.

Did it ever occur to you that most Christian care about others because

they're afraid of their invisible Dictator in the sky

and the invisible Dictator said to care about people he intends to toast

in his fiction furnace .