Brock asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

Wrestling: What are y'alls thoughts on NXT not hitting 100K in viewers?

I thought this was the best show WWE has according to fans online, yet WWE put NXT on Television and have trouble drawing, Raw and SD Live had better numbers last year than NXT is, yet NXT was more praised.

NXT appeals to a niche fan base and it is hard to get into honestly, I am a huge wrestling fan and I cannot get into it... the arena is small a lot of new faces and characters to learn and care about ... not my thing . They are doing this to try to get viewers away from AEW... I loved the first two dynamite shows but they have to keep the quality up...

• Candle

NXT runs opposed to direct competition and hasn't had the same mainstream presence that Raw and Smackdown have.

There's also the fact that something can be critically lauded and not necessarily glomped onto by the public. "Arrested Development" was cancelled after three seasons despite being a critical darling, Most movies that go up for Oscars or Academy Awards usually aren't big box office draws or even readily available to the general public. Something can be good and not have eyes on it. It'd be like saying Avengers is a better movie than The Godfather just because it broke box office records, or that Nickelback is the greatest band in the world because they're chart toppers.

• Amy Flower

That maybe nxt is just a little over-hyped and not as good as you’re making it out to be.

• Time Warner which owns TNT does a lot more Marketing and Promotion in making viewers aware of All Elite Wrestling and in fact have added a Second AEW Show. Fox does a lot of Marketing and Promotion for Smackdown and has added a Second WWE Show that was created specifically for Fox. You'll have to tell me how much marketing USA Network does for NXT because i am drowning in all the marketing and promotion for both AEW and Smackdown?

NXT also goes head to head with AEW, so...viewer numbers will fluctuate.

Personally the announcers really make or break the show. I tried NXT and just can't listen to the announce team.

That doesn’t really prove that Raw and Smackdown is the better show. By your logic, the Transformer movies is better than The Godfather. 

WWE is fake *** wrestling